Thursday, April 28, 2005

Bede's Library

I've alluded before to John Meier's A Marginal Jew as the definitive treatise on the historical Jesus, though it does not spend any time directly tackling the theory of nonexistence. I've found one collection of essays on this issue (the best single collection I've seen), at Bede's Library: see http://www.bede.org.uk/jesusindex.htm. That page has one very telling essay on the judgments of secular and atheist historians on this issue. The statement by James Hannam on the home page describes my sentiments very closely, though it does not describe my life: "The aim of Bede's Library is [to] show how a person from a scientific background came to Christianity and has had his faith strengthened rather than weakened by argument and reason." My own story might say something rather about an intellectual who gave his heart as a child to science and faith, and has found inexpressible joys as an adult by practicing these things, often on unexpected paths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home