Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Book Meme

Before my visit to Ecuador, Rick Sumner tagged me in the book-meme chain. After an even longer vacation from my blog (during which my thoughts about faith and life have all been too personal for publication), I think now would be a good time to do it. I don't believe in tagging, but this one is interesting.

One book that changed your life:
When War Is Unjust: Being Honest in Just War Thinking, by John Howard Yoder

One book that you've read more than once:
The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
(I don't think there's any book that I've read cover-to-cover twice, but I've read large passages of this one more than once, if that counts)

One book that you'd want on a desert island:
King James Bible (with Deutero-canonical works)

One book that made you laugh:
Harry Potter and the Sorceror’s Stone, by J.K. Rowling

One book that made you cry:
102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers, by Kevin Flynn and Jim Dwyer

One book that you wish you had written:
Feeding the Bear: American Aid to the Soviet Union, 1941-1945, by Hubert P. Van Tuyll

One book that you wish had never been written:
The Protocols of the Elders of Zion

One book you are currently reading:
Jesus Remembered, by James D. G. Dunn

One book that you've been meaning to read:
Finding Darwin’s God, by Kenneth R. Miller

One book that you wish had been written:
A Moral Account of World War II

One book that you’ve read aloud:
Gilgamesh (David Ferry rendition)

(That last one is my own addition).

As I say, I don't believe in tagging, and no one should consider himself tagged, but here are three bloggers whose book lists I'd like to see: Phil Plait, Metacrock, and Peter Kirby.

2 Comments:

Blogger J.L. Hinman said...

very well, you shall see it, if you come to blog and look, but I refuse to use the word "meme."

August 27, 2006 1:26 AM  
Blogger J.L. Hinman said...

that's in response to saing:

"As I say, I don't believe in tagging, and no one should consider himself tagged, but here are three bloggers whose book lists I'd like to see: Phil Plait, Metacrock, and Peter Kirby."

just come look

August 27, 2006 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home